Thursday, October 4, 2007

Guilty Pleasures: Top Chef finale

Of course I watched, sillies. And yeah, I was bummed that Hung won. I know, I know, the producers do their thing and create "characters" and "villains" and whatnot, but the guy was just not blowing me away. He lost me with that pathetic 80's cucumber-salmon thing. Jesus. That's not cooking.

image via Bravo

But whatever. I'm only admitting to watching Top Chef so that I can point you toward Grub Street's final IMing sesh about Top Chef of the season, wherein New York Magazine's Adam Platt and Grub Street's Josh Ozersky IM each other right after watching the show (or, in this case, the finale).

A snippet:
Ozersky: Watching Hung win was no fun. It's like cheering for Duke or something. Meanwhile, I still think the whole idea is ridiculous. Finding a "Top Chef" among twenty random reality-show contestants is like looking for Mr. Olympia in an Irish bar. Ridiculous. No one takes it seriously.
Platt: You do! I can see you leaning forward, bug-eyed on your moth-eaten couch.


Entertaining.

PS: While you're at it, here's a link to Bourdain's blog. You know, just on the off-chance you haven't seen it.


[where: 98101]

No comments: