Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Food News: Branzino opens in Belltown, plus a question

Head over to my blog on Seattle Mag to read about Branzino, a new seafood-focused place in Belltown. Thanks to Cornichon for the scoop on that one.

I'm curious...has anyone seen anything or heard anything about what will go into the old Mistral space? I don't live nearby so I don't get a chance to do drive-bys, so let me know if you've heard anything.

Other places to look forward to:

The old 1200 Bistro space looks like it's about ready to reopen as Pike Street Pub. They've even got outdoor tables set up.

Justin Neidermeyer's Pancia Piena on 14th (the old Globe space) is coming together. He's posted want-ads on Craigslist, so hopefully we'll see him opening the doors within the next couple months.

And this week: Casuelita's is set to open right next door to Columbia City Bakery. The owner seems nice--I've run into him and his daughter at the bakery--and he's very excited to get the doors open and the food served.

Got any other food news I should know about?

7 comments:

Emily C. said...

I was told by a someone who applied for a job there that the old Mistral space is aiming to be a new gastropub. Unfortunately I don't know any of the details.

Ali Scheff said...

thanks Emi. If you talk to your friend, get the scoop and let me know! Sounds interesting.

Tamijo said...

Not sure if you've heard yet, but Spring Hill just opened in West Seattle in the Alaska Junction. We're so excited to try it (this Thursday!). I also hear they are kid friendly. Wanna meet up for dinner next week with this girls?

Anonymous said...

Bummer...I was hoping to try Mistral for my birthday...:(

Anonymous said...

It's going to be a gastropub called Spur. Dana Tough, the former Sous Chef at Tilth will be the Chef.

Anonymous said...

Spur Gastropub is the new name. Brian McKrackin - who used to cook at Earth and Ocean and a few other places will be the owner/GM and Dana Tough - the former sous chef at Tilth - will be the Chef.

Anonymous said...

Branzino and Spur both have chefs who used to be at Tilth under Maria Hines. And both places are exceptional. Spur is totally worth it, and Branzino is just plain stellar.